Tuesday, February 18, 2014

First Week


First tell me about yourself(introduction)
Add the following details.  First write.
1.  Name and age
2.  The school you attend and your major
3.  Where you live
4.  Your family relations
5.  Your hobbies and interest
6.  Your life dream.  What you would like to do when you graduate?


My name is Serena Kim.  I'm 19 years old.  I attend Kimcheon Science College and I'm majoring in nursing.
I live on campus while attending school but I go home to Seoul during the summer and the winter vacations.  There are 4 in my family.  My parents, my older brother and me.  My older brother is 3 years older than me and he will finish college next year.  I am an outgoing person and I enjoy hanging out with my friends. We often eat out and go to the movies.  I like watching action movies.  My lifelong dream is to be a nurse at a university hospital in Seoul.  The competition to get in is too high so I'll keep up with my grades and continue to improve in spoken English to be accepted.












Aches and Pains:  Common ways of expressing pain
ache - pain
1.  Have + (body part) + ache
                  stomach + ache     -   I have a stomachache.
                  head + ache          -   I have a headache.


2. (part) + feel(s) + sore   -  My feet feel sore.
                     be + sore    -  My feet are sore.

3.  (part) + hurt(s)   -  My head hurts.
                               - My stomach hurts.

4.  have + sore + (part)  -  I have a sore throat.


Dialogue
Nurse :  What's the matter?
Patient:   I have a sore throat.

Nurse:  What's the matter?
Patient:  I have a stuffy nose.

Try the simple dialogue
Tell me about your symptoms.
What symptoms do you have?
What are your symptoms?


Try this as well

What's your problem?
Where is the pain?
Where does it hurt?

When did you get the pain?
When did it start?
Did the pain come on slowly or suddenly? 통증이 서서히 왔나요, 갑자기 왔나요?
What kind of pain is it?   어떤 종류의 아픔입니까?
Have you had this before?    전에는 이런 증상이 있었습니까?

Have you noticed any other changes?  다른 변화를 느낀 적 있습니까?
Have you had any other illnesses?  앓고 계신 다른 질병이 있습니까?




Common cold symptoms (감기 조짐)
stuffy nose                         코막힘                                I have a stuffy nose.
runny nose                         콧물이 난다                      I have a runny nose. My nose is running.
sneezing                             재채기                               I am sneezing.
headache                          두통                                    I have a headache. I have a bad headache.
sore throat                        인후통                                I have a sore throat.
coughing                           기침                                    I am coughing.
loss of appetite                 식욕부진                            I have a loss of appetite.
watery eyes                     눈물이 난다                        I have watery eyes. My eyes are watery.
burning eyes                    눈이 따갑다                        I have burning eyes. My eyes are burning.
ear congestion                 귀가 멍멍한                        I have an ear congestion.
infection                          감염                                      I have an infection.
fever                               열이 난다                             I have a fever. I have a high fever.
aching muscles                근육통                                  I have aching muscles. My muscles are aching.
aching joints                    관절이 아프다                     I have aching joints. My joints are aching.


Dialogue 1 (roll play)
Nurse:  Good morning.  KimCheon Science University Hospital.  How may I help you.
Patient:  I'm not feeling well.
Nurse:  What seems to be the problem?
Patient:  I have a stuffy nose, headache, and a high fever.
Nurse:  Please wait a moment.  The doctor will see you soon.
            While, you wait for the doctor, I would like to check your blood pressure.
            Please take off your coat, roll up your sleeve on your right arm.
___________________________
Nurse:  The doctor will see you now, Ms. Lee.  Go right in.
Doctor: Let see.  Take a deep breath.  Open your mouth wide.  Lets check your ears and nose.
             (after the evaluation)
             You have a cold.  I'll write you a prescription.  Take this once in the evening for 10 days.
             You will feel better soon.

Change to Dialogue for the patients with bronchitis(기관지염) and pneumonia(폐렴).
bronkhos - windpipe, throat
Symptoms for bronchitis
runny nose, fever, a dry cough, and possibly wheezing(쌕쌕거림)
wheezing - to breathe with difficulty, making noise in your throat and chest.

Symptoms for pneumonia
high fever, severe cough, and lethargy
Difficulty breathing, possible pain in the chest particulary upon breathing.




Dialogue 1
Isn't feeling well몸이 안 좋다.
Opening빈자리, 진료 약속이 되어 있지 않은 시간대
one at ... another at....하나는 ... 시에 그리고 또 하나는 ... 시에 있다.
I'll take the one at...그럼 저는 ... 시에 진료 반는 것으로 하겠습니다.
What seems to be the trouble?어디 아프신가요?

Receiptionist:    Good morning, Dr. Cho's office.
Mom:               My son isn't feeling well.
                        Do you have any opening today?
Receiptionist:    Yes, one at 11 A.M. and another at 2:30.
Mom:               I'll take the one at 11.
                       My name is Lee Jiwon.



                       Are you alright? 너 괜찮니?
                       I'm not feeling well. 몸이 안 좋아요.
                       There's one opening at two and one at four on Thursday.
                      목요일엔 2시에 하나, 4시에 하나가 비어 있네요.
                       hmm, I'll take the one at four.
                       그럼요... 우리는 4시 것으로 예약할게요.
                       That'll be after she comes home from school.
                      그때면 애가 학교에서 돌아온 후이니까요.


Dialogue 2
Receiptionist:    The doctor will see you now, Ms. Lee.
                        Go right in.
Doctor:            What seems to be the trouble?
Mom:               His throat hurts and he has a runny nose.
Doctor:             And he has a high fever, too.


                       What seems to be the problem?
                       My nose has been running for days.
                       My whole body aches and I have a fever, too.
                       Ok, open your mouth wide.


What is a stethoscope?              

For the night class
Introduction to Tuesday Night Class.
1.  Your name
2.  Where do you work?
3.  Where do you live?
4.  How long have you been a nurse?
5.  What kind of work do you do?  What are your duties?  What department do you work in?
6.  What field do you specialize in? (전문분야)
7.  What are some of the things you need to know about your patients at your job?
8.  What kind of patients do you deal with mostly?

No comments:

Post a Comment