Thursday, August 21, 2014

Doctor's Orders (Role Play)

Vocabulary
specimen         표본, 검사물(검체)
slip                  쪽지


Dialogue 1
(After seeing the doctor, the nurse gives a few additional instructions to the patient.)
N:     The doctor has ordered a blood test and urine test.
        Here is a paper cup.  Please go to the bathroom and give us a sample of
        your urine specimen.
P:     Where is the bathroom?
N:     Straight ahead and on the right.
(Later)
P:     Here is the urine specimen.
N:     O.K.  We will send it to the lab for results.


Dialogue 2
P:     You said I also need to have a blood test?
N:     Yes.  Take this slip to the cashier which is on the first floor.
P:     O.K.
N:     After you pay, go to a Lab on the basement floor.
P:     I see.
N:     Follow the yellow line as you step out of the elevator.  It will take you to the Lab.
        The lab technicians will draw out some blood. O.K.?
P:     All right.


Dialogue 3
N:     This slip is for your prescription.  You can take this to any pharmacy
        and get your prescription filled there.
P:     Let me see if I got this correct.
        I go to the cashier and pay both slips(계산서), one for the blood test
        and the other for the prescription.
N:     That's right.  Please take the medication as directed.
P:     When do I know the test results?
N:     Come back to see us next week.


Role Play
Student A
You are the nurse.  The doctor has ordered an x-ray and MRI for the patient.   The radiology department is on the same floor.  The cashier is on the second floor.   The patient has to pay before going to the radiology department.

Student B
You are the patient.  You need to take an x-ray and MRI.  This is the first time for you to be here so you need to know where the radiology department is.  Also you don't have any money on you.  Your husband will be here shortly.  You want to wait for your husband.

Sample Dialogue
N:      The doctor has ordered an x-ray and MRI for you.
         You need to go to the radiology department which is on this floor.
          But you need to pay at the cashier before you get your tests done.
         The cashier is on the second floor.
P:       This is my first time here for the radiology department and
          I didn't know I had to pay before the test and
          I don't have any money on me.   So I need to wait for my husband to pay.
          He'll be here shortly.






No comments:

Post a Comment